A – Senior Course
The A – Senior Course focuses on creating a winning team in a high-performance environment, based on the development of attacking, defending, and transitioning of the coach’s own team related to upcoming opponents.
In order to be considered for the U.S. Soccer A – Senior course, all applicants must meet the following pre-requisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer B license for at least 6 months
- Have 4 or more years of coaching experience (any level)
- Currently coaching
- Currently working in appropriate soccer environment for the course content
- -OR- have the opportunity to work with a team of the appropriate level for the course content in order to complete the assignments (internship, etc.)
The A – Senior Course requires a comprehensive application from all interested candidates. The application must be submitted through the Digital Coaching Center.
For the U.S. Soccer A – Senior course, candidates will be expected to complete their assignments while working with a team of senior players in a high-performance environment.
The A – Senior course consists of four course meetings separated by three development periods. The total course duration is approximately 5-6 months. The final assessment will be conducted in each candidate’s home environment.
- Coaching Training Sessions
- Coaching Games
- Leading Players
- Leading the Team
- Managing a Performance Environment
Digital Coaching Center
The U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of U.S. Soccer training sessions and much more.
The DCC will be used for applications, registration, payment, assignments, communication and collaboration throughout the course.
Other frequently asked questions and answers can be found here.